PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (ACT 709)
Saujana Hotels & Resorts, which comprises The Saujana Kuala Lumpur, The Club Saujana Resort, Carcosa Seri Negara and The Spa, is committed to protecting your privacy and all your personal information such as your name, telephone numbers, email address, etc., that is considered as private and confidential. We collect only necessary information required about you and only with your express authorization. We never share any information with any third party or individual outside our company without your approval.
At our Hotels and Spa , we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning your trust by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information. Our policy is in line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed to, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification. It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded our Hotels or Spa in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY OUR HOTELS OR SPA
- By making a reservation at or by using any of the facilities and/or services of our Hotels or Spa.
- By registering with our Hotels’ loyalty programs.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website or social media websites and completing the online Enewsletter request form
Below are further details on how the information in collected in the circumstances set out above and how it will be used and stored.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using any of the services of our Hotels or Spa, it is necessary for us to have your information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information may includes your name, age, gender, NRIC or Passport details, residential address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, language preference etc. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, etc.
You may also wish to have your purchase of our Hotels or Spa's services recognized by a third party's loyalty program with which our Hotels are affiliated with. To do so will require you to provide us certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We may also offer special discounts from time to time which have qualifying criteria, for example, special offers to senior citizens or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we would need to record your date of birth at the time of booking and you may be required to provide personal identification to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you have subscribed to such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Our Hotels or Spa may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about the Hotels’ or Spa’s services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to our Hotels or Spa which will manage the distribution. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request, with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
REGISTERING WITH SAUJANA HOTELS & RESORT’S LOYALTY PROGRAM
As a customer of our Hotels and Spa, you have the opportunity to participate in our loyalty programs managed by Saujana Hotels & Resorts. These programs are designed to deliver a higher level of personalization and service, and additional personal information may be required. Membership is voluntary and upon invitation. By choosing to participate, you have consented to the supply of and use of your personal information as more particularly outlined in these programs’ Terms and Conditions. Please click here to view the Terms and Conditions .
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
BY VISITING OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
Besides that, and for your information, data collection is the process of gathering and measuring information on variables of interest, in an established systematic fashion that enables one to answer stated research questions, test hypotheses, and evaluate outcomes. While methods may vary, our emphasis at all times are on ensuring accurate and honest collection remains the same. Both the selection of appropriate data collection instruments (existing, modified, or newly developed) and clearly delineated instructions for their correct use reduce the likelihood of errors occurring.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing services.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests' use of our services so that we may better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyse guests’ usage patterns of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Saujana Hotels & Resorts, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with other hotels affiliated with Saujana Hotels & Resorts in Malaysia for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information may be shared with other hotels affiliated with Saujana Hotels & Resorts so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that property in the future.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Saujana Hotels & Resorts to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, sales and marketing, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Saujana Hotels & Resorts to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer's account .
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Saujana Hotels & Resorts it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED BY THIRD PARTIES
We wish to inform you that we may, from time to time, furnish your data to third parties who are professional data processors which process and store data for the Hotels and Spa. We currently engage [Digital Alchemy] and Emarsys on a professional basis and these parties are also bound by the requirements of the PDPA in, amongst others, keeping your personal information strictly private.
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by Saujana Hotels & Resorts to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed (ie) to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, sales and marketing guest surveys or research.
Further if you were to share with us your sensitive personal data (data relating to your physical or mental health, religious affiliation, the commission or alleged commission of offenses etc.) we will only collect, use or process your sensitive personal data to provide the service(s) you signed up for in accordance with your express consent. You have the choice, at any time, not to provide your sensitive personal data or to revoke your consent. However, failure to provide such sensitive personal data or revocation of your consent may result in us being unable to provide you with effective and continuous service.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
The security of your personal data is our priority. Saujana Hotels & Resorts takes all physical, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorised agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
HOW LONG MAY WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterwards we will destroy or permanently delete your data.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS / CORRECT / UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we have obtained from you is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update your personal data.
You have the right at all times to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us at the email stated at the end of this Notice. Please note that depending on the information requested we may charge a small fee. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
HOW MAY YOU CONTACT US?
If you need to contact us, you directly contact:-
Personal Data Protection Officer
Tingkat 11, Bangunan A
Saujana Resort, Seksyen U2
40150 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel No.: 03-7622 6000 Ext. 1133
Fax No.: 03-7622 0108
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note this Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time to cater to changes in our Policy or the Law. If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on our website or by sending a notification to you directly. However, you are kindly encouraged to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay updated on how we are protecting your information.
We provide the Privacy Notice in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In case of any inconsistencies between these two, the English version shall prevail.